My most important digital pledge would be ...

Contracts for Government IT projects should be easier for small to medium companies to win.

Not only would this stimulate the economy it would be more cost effective for tax payers.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    StubbsStubbs shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BaskersBaskers commented  · 

I completely agree in this. I have worked in Government on several IT implementations and have found that from a client perspective/end user I have had a far more satisfactory relationship with smaller/medium companies who try and deliver what has been asked, and demonstrated value for money - unlike other larger companies who have just given me generic solutions, generic presentations, generic process flows and who haven't truly engaged in the 'business', which hasn't represented value for money.

However I wonder *how* we can go about this given the complex procurement process that all Depts have to go through and our approach to 'risk managment' - but it's an area that I think does need looked at.

• StubbsStubbs commented  · 

We see examples of waste and vaste amounts of money being spent on IT systems that are little more than the standard applications small to medium firms create every day. The monopoly of big contracting firms needs to be broken to stop this waste of tax payers money.

Feedback and Knowledge Base