My most important digital pledge would be ...

To teach MPs the wonder of the internet then they will stop trying to control IT, they don't get IT.

Having watched the fiasco that was the digitial economy bill go through the Lords and the Commons it is clear that the folk in Westminster haven't got a clue about digital britain. I would make it compulsory for them to learn. And quickly, before we are left out in the cold, a thirdworld country, cut off from the digital economy by dinosaurs.

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    final third first shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul Webster commented  · 

Great idea, happy to be involved in this too (i'm @watfordgap BTW)

• AdminTom Watson (Admin, Digital Pledges) commented  · 

I'm really up for trying to organise cross-party social media surgeries. Hope to talk further with @johnpopham and @podnosh on Twitter after the election. I'm certain that MPs of all parties would really value this kind of engagement.

• Paul Webster commented  · 

There are some basic computing ideas that need to be learnt. For example what IP stands for and the difference between Megabytes and Megabits!
        I would like to see MPs attending some form of Social Media Surgery, either centrally in Parliament or in their constituency alongside local the people and the local communities they are there to support.

Feedback and Knowledge Base